Ranked by Forbes as the No. 2 Best Small Places for Business and Careers, No. 8 in Job Growth, and No. 17 in education, the city of College Station, Texas has a lot to be proud of. Home to the main campus of Texas A&M University, the flagship institution of the Texas A&M University System, the city owes both its name and existence to the University’s location along a railroad. The University’s designation as a Land, Sea and Space-Grant institution is also responsible for not only bringing research endeavors into the city, but also for bringing in a wealth of highly educated residents to the community. Ongoing projects funded by agencies like NASA, the National Institute of Health, the National Space Foundation and the Office of Naval Research are just a few of the other draws to the community. For these and other reasons, it is easy to see why real estate in College Station Texas is highly desirable – among buyers, renters and investors.
College Station, Texas is also home to a number of exciting landmarks and activities. The George Bush Presidential Library, for example, makes its home in College Station. The textual archives of the library contain more than 45 million pages of documents and more than 2 million photographs. The museum also holds more than 120,000 artifacts, including more than 3,000 of the gifts from foreign heads of state that George Bush received as president, as well as gifts that he received as vice president. The D.A. “Andy” Anderson Arboretum also makes its home in College Station, as does the Brazos Valley African American Museum, the Messina Hof Winery and Resort and the Children’s Museum of Brazos County.
Real Estate for Sale in College Station Texas
As you may imagine, the real estate in College Station Texas is as varied as the many wonderful residents who make up this diverse community. Whether you’re looking for a College Station real estate rental property or want to browse the real estate College Station TX offers to investors, you’ll find plenty of neighborhoods, housing styles and price ranges to choose from. Myke Leatham, one of the area’s top Realtors®, would be delighted to introduce you to all that this wonderful community has to offer.
Once you’ve found the neighborhood and home that best suits your needs, the next step most buyers want to discuss is negotiating a good deal. Below, Myke shares some of her favorite tips for negotiating real estate in College Station Texas.
- What does the market say? If possible, you want to jump in the market at a time when it favors your position as a buyer. Speak with a Realtor® to determine if now is the best time for your particular situation or for the neighborhood you’re interested in.
- Who has the leverage? If you’re among six buyers all fighting for that one special property, you can forget about dictating terms of the agreement. Discuss with your Realtor® how to ensure you capitalize on your own personal leverage.
- It’s in the details. Look at more than just price. Are the sellers willing to include appliances? Are closing costs included? Concessions often sweeten the deal and can be more important than price in the long run.
- Do your homework. Always ensure that your negotiations and offers are based on facts and research. Your Realtor® can provide you with valuable information on the market to make an informed decision.
- Take emotion out of it. Focus on the facts and your needs.
These are just a few of the negotiation tips that Realtor® Myke Leatham recommends to her clients and friends. The best real estate agents have tremendous expertise when it comes to market value and have seen just about all of the homes that have come on the market over the years. They also work with other agents and speak the same language. For these and other reasons, always work with a knowledgeable buyer’s agent who can assist you in the community you’re interested in. Myke Leatham, specializing in College Station and Bryan, has the knowledge and experience you need to be successful.
For more negotiation tips like these or to explore the real estate in College Station Texas currently available to you, do not hesitate to contact Realtor® Myke Leatham today. She is just a phone call away and looks forward to sharing her knowledge and expertise with you. Connect today to get started!