Did You Know?
Many people thrive in a busy setting and live for the hustle and bustle of city life. In a big city you will find endless opportunities, an array of modern amenities, entertainment, fine dining and so much more. But, as cities continue to grow and become very congested a lot of people are beginning to crave a lifestyle that’s a bit quieter and simpler.
This desire for simplicity and quiet is what attracts city dwellers to the rural countryside and inspires them to sell their homes in the city in exchange for bigger plots of land in the suburbs. If you are considering buying farm, ranch or land outside of town, you are not alone!
History & Market Information
Chriesman, TX is a small community in Burleson County, just under 35 miles away from College Station, TX. The community was named in honor of Horatio Chriesman who was an early settler from Virginia and moved to Texas as a member of the Old Three Hundred. The Old Three Hundred was an original group made up of families and some partnerships of unmarried men who purchased 307 parcels of land and established a colony that ran from the Gulf of Mexico in the South to Texas. Chriesman is a quiet town with some original buildings still standing – particularly the historic old post office. Chriesman real estate is ideal for the individual who is looking to purchase a weekend home away from the city, or someone who is interested in cultivating a spacious piece of land and turn it into a recreational property for riding horses, raising animals, getting involved with agriculture or simply to just enjoy the great outdoors. The Chriesman real estate properties available for sale provide very expansive lots, secluded properties, beautiful panoramic views and the endless opportunity to turn the land into whatever you want it to be.
The Benefits of Living in the Countryside
Whether you are interested in buying just a couple of acres in a secluded rural area, or you want tens of acres of farmland, there is definitely something that is highly appealing about living in a peaceful countryside setting. If you do decide to make the transition and purchase Chriesman real estate for a permanent residence or a weekend getaway, you are sure to enjoy a multitude of benefits. Here are some of the most appealing benefits of country living:
- You get so much space when you buy real estate in the countryside – and you get it at a great price! It’s difficult to come across properties in the suburbs that offer even half an acre, but in the countryside, you can own a dozen or more acres for a relatively small investment. This gives you ample room to enjoy your hobbies, raise kids, look after animals and really live your life without feeling like someone is breathing down your neck.
- In most cases, when you buy acreage property there are few restrictions and rules to follow. If you’re just outside of the city limits, there are fewer zoning requirements and less thorough permitting procedures, which gives you the freedom to do just about anything you want on your property. In a world that is so full of restrictions, this sense of freedom is irreplaceable and allows you to enjoy a simpler life without constantly waiting for approval.
- The noises in the countryside are very different from those in the city. Instead of listening to car alarms, honking horns and the busy noises of the city you can really indulge in the quiet of the countryside and listen to the peaceful noises from wildlife and nature.
- The freedom of life in the countryside means that you have the option of raising your own animals and as many of them as you please. This includes horses, cows, chickens or whatever livestock you may be interested in. Depending on what part of the country you are in you will also come across various wildlife in nature – this can include fish, mammals, birds and others that are not often seen in populated areas and cities.
- The price of real estate is heavily dependent on location, and in most cases land in rural areas doesn’t see as much demand as real estate in the city does. This means that your money can go really far if you choose to purchase Chriesman real estate – so much so that not only will you have acreage to enjoy but also a very nice home to relax and unwind in.
With so many wonderful benefits to reap, it’s no surprise that so many people are drawn to the idea of living in the countryside. There are numerous things to look forward to and enjoy that simply can’t be found within city limits.
The Challenges of Living in the Countryside
For every opportunity and benefit that comes along with living out in the rural country area, you are sure to find a challenge that you will have to overcome, because let’s face it, while country living is peaceful and quiet it can be difficult to disconnect from the amenities and convenience of life in the city. Here are a few challenges that you will want to prepare for:
- A bigger piece of property offers numerous advantages, but this also means that you will have more to do and manage. If you’re not into landscaping or handy with DIY projects, then rural living may end being challenging and daunting for you. You will have to do a lot of mowing, landscaping and home maintenance projects to ensure that your property is in good condition and taken care of. This can add up to a lot of work, but you can always hire additional to help you out with the work around the house and the property.
- When you live out in the countryside it’s not easy or quick to go out and purchase the things that you need. Whether you need gas, groceries, supplies from the hardware store for maintenance around the house or if you just want to pick up a quick bite to eat you will have to plan your outing in advance and be efficient. This means that when you do plan a trip you will want to run numerous errands in one day so you can get a lot done and don’t have to venture out again the following day. When you live in the city it’s easy to run out and grab a gallon of milk or toilet paper if you run out, but in the countryside you need to always have an extra supply of the essentials because if you run out you will have to plan a whole outing to stock up on whatever it is that you are missing.
- Your social life won’t be as active when you live in a rural area as it may be if you live in the city. Living in a neighborhood with houses built right next to one another creates a community and allows you to build relationships with your neighbors. If you are used to this type of residential setting, then rural living may feel lonely at first – in the middle of farmland your closest neighbor may be a mile away.
- Living in the countryside may mean that you will face challenges with utilities every now and then. For starters, you will have to deal with a septic tank, propane and well water as your main sources of water and power versus sewer, gas and city water. Because you are in an area with more trees and growth you will also occasionally encounter electricity issues if a big storm knocks down the power lines and causes a power outage. If you live in a less populated area you will have to be patient until utility issues are fixed because you will probably be one of the last areas to be serviced. This can be very frustrating to deal with, but a simple solution is to purchase back up power supplies and generators so you can go on with your day even if there is an emergency situation.
Depending on your experience, resources, skills and personality some of these challenges may be deal breakers, and you may choose to forgo your plan of living in the countryside. However, many of these challenges can be overcome with simple planning and by investing in additional resources. Also, a lot of these challenges are easily offset by the many benefits that we mentioned above that come along with having an address in the rural countryside.
It’s up to you to decide what will work for you and your family and if country living will be the best decision. Whether you choose to make a permanent move to the country, or you are just looking for Chriesman real estate to serve as a weekend getaway or a vacation property to escape to – we are happy to help you find the perfect property to fit your needs. Contact us today to learn more about the community and to explore current properties for sale.