The city of College Station received it’s beginnings with the founding of Texas A&M College, Texas’ first state institution of higher education, inaugurated in 1876.
With the then remote location of the school, the college’s administrators provided facilities for those who were associated with the college. The campus quickly became, and still is, the focal point of community development. The name “College Station” was derived from the train station located to the west of campus.
Today, College Station holds strong to its Aggie roots and traditions – there’s no better place to be than Aggieland!