College Station, Texas has been named as one of the fastest growing cities in the United States, and it’s very easy to see why. This beautiful city is home to a warm climate, has a low unemployment rate, low property taxes and housing costs, extremely safe neighborhoods, highly rated public schools and numerous additional qualities that are very attractive to students and families alike. College Station offers easy access to the big city amenities of San Antonio, Dallas and Houston, but also provides residents with a quiet, small town charm, making it one of the most livable cities in America!
The real estate options in College Station, Texas are also unbeatable. There are various neighborhoods and communities that are sure to appeal to any buyer. Located just off William D. Fitch and Highway 6, Castle Rock is a highly desirable, brand new community in College Station, Texas. This extremely popular neighborhood offers brand new homes with prices right around the $300,000 mark. Even though inventory in this community tends to be fairly low due to the high demand, there are new houses coming on the market at pretty regular intervals.
The Castle Rock community is conveniently located near an impressive spread of shopping and dining options, along with a Golds Gym and a Lowes home improvement store. Within the community, residents can visit the local park, walking trail, splash around the public pool, enjoy the play area or host a friendly soccer game at the field. The local schools in the area are Spring Creek Elementary, Cypress Grove Intermediate and College Station Middle and High School.
If you are interested in looking up homes for sale in the Castle Rock community, or in College Station, TX then use our home search feature to help you look up the perfect property. Our highly qualified team will be happy to answer your questions, show you the homes that you are interested in and assist you with the complete real estate process from start to finish.
Live in College Station, Texas
Are you contemplating a move to College Station? We would love to welcome you to our city! There is so much to do and enjoy, and we’re sure you’ll love living here. If you’re not 100% convinced just yet, here are a few additional reasons you may enjoy life in College Station:
- College Station is home to one of the country’s largest public universities – Texas A&M University. The college is a member of the Southeastern Conference, which makes it a major sports attraction, and locals are very passionate about supporting the home team. The school is also a big provider of employment in the city.
- College Station is a historical city, which just celebrated the 75th anniversary of its incorporation in 2013. The community dates back to the founding of Texas A&M University, which opened in 1876 as the state’s first institution of higher education. The community was designated as College Station by the US Postal Service in 1877 – the name was inspired by the train station that is located near the campus.
- College Station is home to 55 public parks that cover more than 1,337 acres. There’s nothing better than the great outdoors, and the public parks provide locals with incredible amenities like tennis and basketball courts, hiking trails, swimming pools, dog parks, playgrounds and more. The city also has a skate park, a large outdoor amphitheater and a festival site where you’ll be able to enjoy music and more.
- One of the biggest attractions in College Station is the George W. Bush Presidential library, which attracts more than 125,000 visitors year after year. In addition to the presidential library, the city is also home to museums, wineries, art galleries and a wide range of family friendly activities – you’ll never run out of things to do!
Buy a Home in the Castle Rock Community
Finding the perfect home in the beautiful Castle Rock community can be a very fun experience, but it can also be overwhelming. In general, buying a home is a really big deal, both personally and financially, and house hunting can take a lot of energy. That is why it is so important to have a list of priorities prepared ahead of time so you can distinguish between what you absolutely need in your new home versus features that you want or would be nice to have. It’s very easy to be excited by an impressive listing and everyone loves walking through an open house that features stunning marble countertops, modern stainless steel appliances, a jacuzzi hot tub and expansive master suites. Buying a new home is a huge investment and you are likely to spend a lot of time in this house, so you have to be practical and make sure that your dream home meets your needs while also giving you a few of the ritzy features that you’d love to have.
- Before you think about what you want to have in a new home, think about what you currently do not enjoy in your current home. Are you running out of space in a cramped kitchen? Are you looking to start a family soon and will need more bedrooms? Think about what it is that makes you want to move, and make sure that it is at the top of your list of things to look for in a new home. If you’re moving because you need to relocate for work, or you simply want to be in a different neighborhood, then you will want to find a property that matches the amenities in your current home.
- Consider how much space you will need. This includes the lot size, how many bedrooms and bathrooms you need, whether you need additional room for a home office, home gym or a playroom and any other amenities you will need space for. What are you willing to give up if you have to? Make these numbers slightly flexible so that you can work with different layouts if you need to.
- Put together a list of all the items and amenities you want in your new home, and then prioritize in order of importance. You can even search online and look up a homebuyer’s check list that will help you look up features and items that you may forget to think about. Things like square footage, number of bedrooms and bathrooms and location may be non-negotiable. Additional amenities like a pool, fireplace or extra space for a game room would be nice to have, but if you find a home that fulfills your needs you should go for that one! You can always put in a pool or fireplace later on, or remodel the home so that you can add any amenities that you may want.
- Think about your budget and how big of a loan you are already pre-approved or pre-qualified for. At the end of the day, if you can’t afford the home you want then you won’t be able to buy it.
It’s very important to be able to distinguish between what you need and what you want when you are looking for a new home. It’s also important to be flexible, because it can be difficult to find a property that has absolutely everything you need and want, unless you build a home from the ground up to your exact specifications.
Work with a Professional College Station, TX Realtor
Finding the perfect home in College Station can be a tedious, though rewarding experience. If you’re looking for the perfect place to call home contact the team at Brazos County Realty. With more than 25 years of real estate experience, we have the tools, resources and knowledge to help you navigate the process of buying or selling a home. Give us a call and we will set up a time to meet and an in-depth consultation where we can discuss and map out your needs in detail. Once we know what you are looking for, we will send you weekly listings and reports that you can monitor as we work to meet and exceed your expectations. To get started, visit our website and browse through the information and real estate resources that we have made available to you.
If you need to sell your current home before you purchase a new one, we can help you out with that transaction as well. We are well versed in representing both buyers and sellers, and working hard to get the best terms for our clients in every situation. We can help you get your home ready to be sold, find qualified buyers and manage the escrow and transaction from start to finish. When you work with our team you can have the peace of mind that you are in good hands and that we will help you achieve your real estate goals. If you are ready to sell your current home and look for a new place to call home in College Station, TX or in the Castle Rock Community then contact us today, we look forward to meeting and working with you soon!