Are You Looking For a New Place to Call Home?
Have your eyes set on College Station, Texas? College Station is a wonderful city in Brazos County, Texas, located just 90 miles northwest of Houston and 87 miles northeast from Austin.
This perfect geographical placement means that residents of College Station have easy access to the big cities, but can still enjoy the benefits of living in a quiet community. College Station is a metropolitan area, and is also home to the main campus of Texas A&M University.
Go Exploring in Castlegate!
If you are looking for a new home, then you may want to explore the Castlegate subdivision in south College Station.
This is a master planned community that spreads out over more than 200 acres by J. Wendt & Associates that houses over 800 new homes that were built out in 13 unique phases.
When you drive through the community you will see that there is a strong old English theme both with the names of the phases, as well as the castle-like architecture of the properties. The floor plans, or phases of the community are as follows:
- The Windsor – 1,500 square feet and up
- The Kensington – 2,00 square feet and up
- The Pembrooke – 2,400 square feet and up
- The Gardens – 2,000 square feet and up – these homes are in a private gated section of Castlegate and offer a private pond and lawn care. Additional HOA fees apply to this model home.
As you drive into the subdivision, a drive thru castle may capture your attention, as well as a multi-level pond that features grand fountains and welcomes residents and visitors at the entrance of the community. The Castelgate community is managed by a Homeowner’s Association, and residents are required to pay $250 per year for annual dues.
Homes in the Castlegate community range from 1,500 square feet to more than 3,500 square feet, and pricing can be as low as $150,000 all the way to almost $600,000 for a larger and more grand property. Residents of the Castlegate community can enjoy a wide range of luxurious amenities including tennis courts, a designated jogging path, basketball courts, a gazebo with picnic tables ideal for entertaining and a large shaded playground and fort where children can spend countless hours playing in the great outdoors. This friendly neighborhood is ideal for couples and families as it is conveniently located to retail, hospitality, schools and parks. South College Station is an area that is continuously growing and there are many more new amenities on the way including new shopping centers, which will welcome new restaurants, shopping and recreation to the community. These are the local schools where Castlegate families can send their children:
- Elementary school – Spring Creek Elementary
- Intermediate school – Cypress Grove Intermediate
- Middle school – College Station Middle
- High School – College Station High
If the above information on the Castlegate community seems appealing to you, then please contact our team so that we can show current properties listed for sale in the neighborhood. You are sure to be pleased with what you see, and we would also love to show you around College Station so you can get a feel for the lifestyle in the area. College Station is a fun city, and there are many things to do, see and experience year round!
Things to Do in College Station
College Station is set deep in the heart of Central Texas and is a community that offers rich tradition and history. Residents of College Station enjoy the modern amenities of a big city combined with a warm small-town charm, which truly makes this one of the friendliest places in the country. Whether you consider yourself to be a foodie, a shopping enthusiast, a lover of arts and culture, or if you simply enjoy quiet nights out, you are sure to find what you are looking for in College Station, Texas.
College Station is home to some incredible restaurants that offer delicious food and a true dining experience sure to satisfy every culinary enthusiast. From mom and pop diners to gourmet establishments, whatever you desire, you will always leave in a good mood and with a full belly.
You can visit the Post Oak Mall for fashionable shopping or stroll through the historic Downtown Bryan area for unique treasures and keepsakes. Whether you are a local, born and raised in College Station, or recently moved to the area you also can’t go home without visiting one of the many shops that scream Aggie spirit and sell Texas A&M University gear.
Texas A&M University has so much to offer to local residents, including galleries and museums, horticulture gardens and a full tour of the campus. There are also numerous museums throughout College Station that are worth a visit, including the nationally recognized George H.W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum, the Museum of the American G.I., Brazos Valley African American Museum (one of the only three in the state dedicated to African American heritage), and the Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History. We highly recommend stopping by the Messina Hof Winery and Resort, especially during harvest season to enjoy a wonderful tour of the facility and a one of a kind Texan wine tasting experience!
- If you are looking for things to do in College Station, Texas you will find numerous events, celebrations, festivals and athletic events to enjoy throughout the year. Texas A&M University is a great place to enjoy a home football game, food and wine expos as well as music festivals. You can attend informative lectures and exhibits at the local museums, treat yourself to locally raised beef and wine at the Texas Reds Festival and immerse yourself in athletic events featuring some of America’s best swimmers, divers, equestrians, golfers and more!
Buying a Home in College Station, TX
Deciding to become a homeowner is a big decision to make, especially because it is the most expensive decision you will ever make! Here are a few helpful tips to keep in your back pocket before you purchase your next College Station home.
- Start your search early. As soon as you decide that you want to buy a new home, start following new listings in the neighborhood you are interested in. Take note of how long homes in your desired area are staying on the market and how much they are selling for versus how much they were listed for. These are important trends that will give you a sense of the state of the market.
- Determine how much you can afford. Take stock of your financial situation to see just how much you can afford on a new house. Think beyond the monthly mortgage as well, you have to account for homeowner’s insurance, property taxes, maintenance and utilities as well as your initial down payment and closing costs.
- Get preapproved for your mortgage. Before you find your dream home, you will need to know exactly how much you can spend and what kind of loan the bank is willing to give you based on your income, savings and credit score. Your lender will ask you for a bunch of paperwork that will help determine the price range of homes you should be looking at. Some documents that you will need to provide include W2 statements, paycheck stubs, bank account statements, etc.
- Hire a real estate professional.Working with a professional real estate agent ensures that you have someone in your corner looking out for your best interest and moving the transaction forward smoothly. We’ve been in the business of real estate for more than 25 years and would be thrilled to help you achieve your College Station, TX real estate goals!
- Find the perfect house. This is the fun part! Visit open houses, explore the neighborhood and find the ideal property that will suit your needs. The Castlegate community in College Station truly has something for everyone with four different floor plans to choose from. When you find the perfect house, make an offer and let your agent handle the negotiations.
- Get a proper inspection. Once your offer has been accepted, it’s time to go through the escrow process. It’s really important to get a good home inspection to make sure that there aren’t any underlying issues in the property that need to be fixed. If there is significant damage then you will either need to take care of it yourself, or your agent can request credits or a price reduction from the seller.
- Get approved for your loan. During escrow your lender will work with you and the bank to select the appropriate loan and loan terms for your home. The lender will also coordinate to have the home appraised by a third party to make sure you are paying a fair price for the home. This is the important financial part of the process – but once you are approved, you’ll quickly get the keys to your new home. During this step you will also meet with a separate title company that will handle all of the paperwork involved in closing the sale.
- Close the sale. Once you sign all the papers and loan documents, it’ll take a few days for the loan to fund. As soon as the money is delivered to the seller, congratulations – it’s time to move into your new home!
Buying a new home can be a crazy, overwhelming experience, but a very rewarding one. If you are interested in learning more about the Castlegate community, or other neighborhoods in College Station, TX, get in touch with our team today. Working with one of our College Station realtors will ensure you have an easy and smooth buying or selling experience!