As a College Station Realtor, I hold myself to a high set of standards in life and in business. Putting clients and their needs first is the most important part of my business practice. Without satisfied buyers and sellers, I would not be able to make it in the real estate business. In this industry, a lot of clients come to work with Realtors via referral, meaning word-of-mouth advertising is the best form of advertising.
If you are beginning your search for real estate in College Station Texas, you will want to find a College Station Realtor who understands your real estate goals. If you are a professional with a family that includes school-aged children, you might have different priorities than those clients searching for a college student’s first condo.
Every buyer or seller’s situation is unique. Being in the market to buy or sell a home always comes about through a different set of circumstances. I seen and heard all sorts of stories leading up to my time with clients, which is just one aspect of working with people that I enjoy immensely.
Realtor in College Station TX
When choosing a College Station Realtor there are several things to look for in your real estate partner. You are going to be spending a lot of time with this person, either in a car driving around, or on the phone, or communicating with digitally. So, it works well for everyone if personalities and communication styles match. Plus, you want to be able to trust that your Realtor understands your goals in finding the right home for you.
Here are a few things to look for when choosing a Realtor in College Station, Texas:
- Referrals- With all of today’s social media platforms, searching for referrals on your potential realtors is relatively easy. Happy and not-so-happy clients have opportunity to relay their experiences with their Realtors. Find and read about real estate agents online to see what other’s are saying about them.
- Repeat customers- A sure sign of a good real estate agent or broker is repeat business. When people are happy with service of any kind they tend to return for similar levels of satisfaction. Real estate is no different. When clients are happy, they will work with their agent or broker of choice again and again, as buyers or sellers or both.
- Great listening skills- We all know there is a difference between hearing and listening. You can talk and people will hear you, but are they listening to understand or to respond? Having a Realtor who listens to understand will make a world of difference in your real estate search. When your agent or broker understands you it is much easier to narrow down potential property searches based on your needs.
- Response time- When you are ready to talk to someone about your real estate dreams, you want that conversation to start as soon as possible. Waiting around for someone to call you back is a frustrating waste of time. I make returning inquiries, either by email or via phone, a priority. I know how unpleasant waiting can be, and that is not how I want you to feel at any point.
- Service outside the transaction- There are a lot of activities related to buying and selling real estate that go on outside of the actual paperwork and internet searches. If you are selling your home, there are certain pre-listing check-list items that need to be accomplished before your home goes on the market. When buying a home, you want to make sure that you have trustworthy experts to clue you in on any hidden maintenance items. In a previous post, I talked about College Station Medical Professionals in an effort to continually provide a service for my clients.
- Knowledge of the market- Whether you are looking for a student’s home or a house for an extended family, a Realtor should have knowledge of the market you wish to enter. If your college student needs to be in close proximity to campus, or your friends are insistent on a view of the river, market knowledge is key when choosing a real estate agent.
- Negotiation skills- When it comes to getting a real estate contract signed by both parties involved, there are usually concessions agreed upon to make everyone happy. Having a Realtor with solid negotiation skills can mean saving thousands of dollars on the sale price, or having repairs made before you move into your new home.
I hope this has been helpful in knowing what to look for when choosing a Realtor in the College Station area. Please contact me to talk about anything related to living in the BCS area!