My team and I pride ourselves on being experts not only in real estate, but also in the communities where we help our clients buy and sell properties. This is why we think it is very important to take the time and write these blog posts that provide a short summary and highlights of the various communities that are popular within College Station and Bryan, TX. Many of these master planned communities offer similar amenities and are well maintained by Homeowners Associations (HOAs). We encourage you to browse our blog so you could read about the numerous communities and neighborhood where you could potentially find your dream home in Brazos County.
One neighborhood that we’re really excited to share with you is Edelweiss Gartens – a beautiful community that is located just south of Graham Road off Victoria in College Station, TX. There are just over 400 homes in Edelweiss Gartens built by various local builders, but the community is constantly growing as new homes are being built. The average home here has three to four bedrooms and an average size of 1,650 square feet. The homes generally sell for about $170,000, but the range varies between $140,000 all the way up to $220,000. Homes in Edelweiss Gartens are less than ten years old, so if it’s important to you to live in a recently built home then you are sure to find some great options here.
Edelweiss Gartens is very family friendly and offers a wide range of amenities that will be enjoyed by adults and children alike. The neighborhood features include a park with playground with equipment like a fun jungle gym and swings. There is a nearby gazebo with a grill where you can host a picnic, birthday or family gathering. There are also benches and picnic tables that add a nice touch to the park, as well as a beautiful water fountain to complete the outdoor space.
The homes in Edelweiss Gartens range in architectural style as well as features and amenities. You can look forward to beautiful exteriors, well maintained landscaping, gorgeous kitchens with high-end appliances and incredible community amenities. Since these homes are fairly new, they are a wonderful investment as a primary residence, or you can own and maintain it as an income property. The community is located near the Texas A&M University, which means you won’t struggle with a vacant property!
Buy a Home in Edelweiss Gartens
If you are considering buying a new home, but you’re not sure if you should do it this year or wait to see what happens with the real estate market, we would highly encourage you pull the trigger now.
The housing landscape is constantly changing, and ever since the market crash of 2008-2009, many homebuyers have understandably been very cautious before entering or re-entering the market. In fact, the market hasn’t been very buyer friendly either, due to low inventory and high demand it’s been predominantly a seller’s market and often times you would see many homes listed for sale and sold all in one day. The good news is that things are starting to slow down, but it’s still very competitive, especially in highly desirable areas. Here are some reasons why you should make 2019 the year you buy a new home:
- There will finally be more inventory! In 2017, inventory levels nationwide hit the lowest levels in history, but by the end of 2018 things started to look up! Experts are predicting that in 2019 there will be more opportunities for buyers to jump into the market, but they also believe that not everyone will have the cash to afford the homes that do become available. The current trends see an increase in available homes in areas where prices are above average. However, this may change as the year progresses so it’s important for interested homebuyers to keep an eye out for available listings and work with a professional real estate agent who can help them look for the right home at the right price.
- Although prices in some areas will continue to rise, there is an expectation that this will slow down and increase at a slower pace than in years past. This should serve as an incentive if you are debating when you should buy a home, the time is now before prices continue to climb.
- As the economy stabilizes, there has been fear instilled in potential homebuyers that mortgage rates will get too high. While they did steadily increase in 2018, they haven’t yet in 2019. In fact, rates have actually remained fairly steady, which creates great opportunities to get buyers to jump into the market.
- If you currently rent an apartment or home, then it’s important to note that rents are rising quickly and won’t be dropping anytime soon. While buying a home is a huge decision and hefty financial investment, renting is becoming just as expensive. When you buy a home you build equity, whereas as a renter you are simply spending your hard-earned money on a home that you will never own.
- If you can afford to buy a home now, then we say that now is the time – you’ll thank us and yourself in the long run!
Buy a Home in College Station, TX
If you have decided that you are ready to buy a home this year, then we’d love to share some insight we’ve learned over our time in this business. There is plenty of good advice that you can find online and through friends and family, but there are certain tips that may have worked in the past but are outdated in today’s market.
- Many people will tell you to wait for a certain time of year before you begin house hunting, but in reality, there’s really no point in waiting. You should look for houses and make your buying decision when you are ready to. Additionally, you may hear that you should “wait for prices to settle” – knowing that the market is pretty unpredictable means that if you wait too long then prices may end up being higher and you would have missed an opportunity. There are ups and downs throughout the year to keep an eye out for, but they may play in your favor. Another reason why it’s important to work with a professional who can keep guide you and offer insights.
- When the market was steady, a lot of buyers would make a lowball offer with room to negotiate, but in today’s market it’s more important to be competitive. It’s likely that you may be going up against other buyers who are just as motivated and qualified to buy the property you want. Your best bet is to look at similar properties for sale and base your offer on the comps and the listing price, that’s how you will know that you’re getting a fair deal.
- Picky buyers will tell you that new construction homes are the best choice because that way you know you’re getting exactly what you want. That may be true for some people, especially if you are also prepared to pay top dollar. New construction is slowing down nationwide, and we’re seeing way more interest in fixer upper properties. Whether you pick a home that needs a little facelift or a complete renovation, you will be getting your money’s worth and you can put your own unique touch to your new home.
- The past few years have been very competitive for buyers, with limited inventory and crazy bidding-wars for a single home. Many agents advised their clients to write an offer ASAP, sometimes without even visiting the home. The good news is that these stressful situations are happening less and less, mainly because buyers got sick and tired of placing offers above asking price and being outbid. This year, we recommend you take your time to do your research on the neighborhood you are interested in, the type of home you want to purchase and figuring out how much money you want to spend on down payment and potential renovations. If you do find a home that perfectly fits your needs, then it’s not advisable that you take too much time before you make a decision, if you’re sold on a home then go for it and submit your offer!
There’s a lot to consider as you move into the real estate market, and we’re eager to help you out every step of the way! Whether you’re just beginning to think about buying your first home, or if you’re looking to sell your current home and move into a bigger property please take the time to reach out. Our team is well-versed and experienced in all aspects of the real estate business and we’d love to show you around our favorite neighborhoods, including Edelweiss Gartens! Browse through our website to learn more about us, check out our helpful resources and contact us to get started.