Looking to Buy a New Home?
Buying a new home can really twist you into a big ball of stress – especially if you are a first-time homebuyer. Between saving up money for a down payment, applying for a huge loan, competing with other buyers and going through mountains of paperwork, buying a home may be one of the most emotionally draining and stressful experiences of your adult life.
Even if you have bought and sold multiple properties in the past, each new transaction comes with its own set of worries and challenges.
The Home Buying Process
Buying a home isn’t a single action, but rather a process that is made up of a bunch of small steps that eventually culminate in homeownership.
Here are the most stressful parts about the home buying process that we’ve personally and professionally experienced most often.
4 Stressors of Buying a Home
- Saving for a down payment is often listed as the biggest obstacle to homeownership. Even if you were to apply for a big mortgage that requires only a three percent down payment, that still means you have to come up with a couple thousand dollars on your own – not include closing costs and outstanding fees.
- If you have to sell your current home before buying another, then you are involved in multiple real estate transactions at one time, which can be incredibly stressful. If one thing falls apart in one transaction, then both of them could quickly tumble.
- Despite a stronger economy, many buyers are still struggling with low credit scores, and most mortgage lenders are very cautious about who they lend money to. The best way to qualify for different mortgage programs is to keep your score above a 700 level, pay off existing debt, make timely payments and watch your spending.
- Bidding wars are not fun, but they happen often, especially in hot markets. If you “win” a bidding war you are certainly overpaying for the home, which is why we don’t encourage our clients to get caught up in these situations. It’s better to move on to a different home.
One of the biggest challenges of house hunting, also the most important, is finding the right home in the right neighborhood. The “right” home is totally subjective, and it means different things to different people, and we’re happy to share that in Bryan, TX there are various incredible neighborhoods and subdivisions that have something to offer for every buyer. Whether you are looking for a small home near incredible dining and entertainment, or a large home in the suburbs perfect for raisings kids, we guarantee you’ll find the perfect home in Bryan.
One community that we would love to introduce you to is Miramont – an exclusive destination that is well known as a stunning country club. Miramont offers residents the best of everything – the luxury of a country club lifestyle, elegant architecture and beautiful homes, the finest amenities and a friendly, relaxed and refined atmosphere. Some of the incredible neighborhood features at Miramont include sidewalks for pleasant walks, jogging and biking, ponds, creeks and lakes among meticulously manicured landscaping and more. Additionally, residents can also enjoy a picturesque golf course, tennis courts, swimming pool, fitness center, fine dining and a spectacular 93,000 square foot club house.
This master planned country club community is located just a few short miles from Texas A&M University but offers a quiet retreat that masterfully blends an elegant, easy-going atmosphere with modern day amenities and development plans. The 527-acre development has approximately 400 home sites and real estate options range from grand estates, to luxurious chateaus, elegant villas and custom developments. Pricing for real estate in Miramont starts at around $600,000 and goes all the way to over a million dollars. Homeowner’s Association (HOA) fees are $920 per year for each home, and properties that offer direct access to the golf course contribute an additional $100 per year for maintenance. These are the available real estate options:
- The Villas at Miraloma are a collection of exquisite luxury homes clustered in an intimate neighborhood at the heart of the community. There is separate gated access to this part of the community where homeowners can find the finest homes perfectly blended into the countryside. Inspired by the architecture of provincial France, there are seven floor plans available ranging in size between 2,900 – 3,900 square feet.
- The Villaggio of Miramont homes are graceful, elegant and offer the finest of indoor/outdoor living. Interested buyers can choose from six different floor plans that offer three to four bedrooms and high-quality interior finishes and details.
- The chateaus of Miramont begin at 2,000 square feet and are the perfect vacation property or home away from home where families can gather to celebrate holidays and special events. The chateaus offer low-maintenance living, but can also be designed to meet the unique needs and wants of every family.
- If the above options don’t satisfy your real estate desires, then you can always opt for a custom home site at Miramont. These plots of land offer the opportunity to create and build your dream home that is perfectly tailored to your specifications. Ranging in size from one-third to over an acre, these home sites are generously proportioned to accommodate personalized building plans that take advantage of everything that Miramont has to offer.
There is no doubt that living in the Miramont community provides residents with a one-of-a-kind, first class, family focused, refined and exclusive lifestyle that is parallel to none. If you are looking for luxury real estate in Bryan, TX then you are sure to find exactly what you are looking for here.
What do you do once you have purchased the home of your dreams in Bryan, TX? You start shopping! Finding the perfect furniture, outdoor décor, bed sheets, picture frames, potted plants and accessories is the best part about moving into a new house, and it’s what ultimately turns it into a home. In 2019, there are many new and innovative amenities you should consider bringing into your new home, especially tech friendly applications that will upgrade your home and introduce you to a new level of efficiency. Here are our favorite home tech innovations for your new home:
- Secure your new home with smart locks, security cameras and smart doorbells, like the Ring doorbell. A smart lock can help you lock and unlock your door remotely, and you can even “send” visitors temporary “keys” so they can gain access to your home when you are away.
- The kitchen has seen an incredible revolution when it comes to connected and smart technology. Things like high-tech refrigerators can monitor the freshness of your produce, smart washing machines and dishwashers can be operated remotely and there are various kitchen gadgets that take cooking to a whole new level. If you are looking to upgrade your kitchen with some new tech, take the time to research all of the newly available products to find what will work best in your home.
- Smart thermostats, like the Nest, are an incredible investment that will ultimately save you money in the long run. A minimal upfront investment can help you maintain comfortable temperatures in your home while being energy-efficient and keeping your electricity bills on the lower end.
- If you could turn off the lights without leaving your bed would you do it? Enter smart light bulbs, which can easily be connected to your smart phone or a virtual assistant device like Google Home or Amazon Echo. These bulbs are attractive and come with easy-to-use smart controls.
- Innovative smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are an absolute must for your new home. These products offer the protection of basic detectors with additional bells and whistles that are worth the price. Some additional perks include remote control, different levels of alarms (loud warning if smoke is detected, flashing red if there is an emergency), self-diagnoses for low battery power or other concerns and a handy nightlight that can illuminate your path in dark.
- Automated shades and blinds are not a necessity, but it’s such a great perk to enjoy if you do install them in your home. The latest “smart” shades also offer integration with Apple platforms, allowing you to ask Siri to please open or close the blinds – how cool is that?!
Still Have Questions?
Smart home technology offers some incredible modern benefits, but more than that these devices can actually help you save on heating and energy costs, they can protect your home or alert you if there is an emergency. This market is rapidly growing and there are many different options to choose from for every room in your home.
Buying a new home, decorating it and outfitting it with the latest technology is a big and expensive adventure. If you are ready to explore the current real estate for sale in Bryan, TX contact our team for more information. Aside from the stunning Miramont community, there are many other neighborhoods that offer incredible homes for sale that we would love to show you!