The flagship institution of the Texas A&M University System, Texas A&M University (also known as A&M or TAMU) is located in College Station, Texas and is the fourth-largest university in the United States.
Texas A&M Statistics
Though not the first general university in the state, A&M University was the first public institution of higher education in Texas and was opened on October 4, 1876.
Today, A&M’s designation as a land, sea, and space grant institution reflects a range of research with ongoing projects funded by distinguished agencies such as the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the National Institutes of Health, the National Science Foundation, and the Office of Naval Research. In fact, the school ranks in the top 20 American research institutes in terms of funding.
Home to more than 50,000 students and 4,259 faculty members, A&M student housing is an important part of the real estate College Station offers. However, before we jump into learning more about A&M student housing, let’s take a look at some of the wonderful reasons to make Texas A&M University your alma mater.
- TAMU is located approximately 90 miles northwest of Houston and within a two to three-hour drive from Austin and Dallas.
- The sixth-largest university in the country, TAMU has more than 370,000 former students and a wide network of alumni.
- TAMU holds membership in the prestigious Association of American Universities, one of only 62 institutions with this distinction.
- TAMU has an endowment valued at more than $5 billion, which ranks fourth among U.S. public universities.
- The university is recognized as Home of the 12th Man, where students stand during football games to show support for their team – and for fellow Aggies – a true example of the Aggie Spirit.
- Often considered one of the most intimidating college football stadiums in the nation, Kyle Field is undergoing the largest college stadium renovation in history, which will bring the seating capacity to 102,500 when completed in 2015.
- TAMU ranks 4th in the nation in 2014 for most affordable comprehensive public universities with high return on investment.
- Close to 80% of TAMU’s faculty members hold doctoral degrees with approximately 400 holding endowed chairs or professorships.
- The faculty includes 3 Nobel Prize recipients, 13 members of the National Academy of Engineering, 6 members of the National Academy of Science and 3 members of the Institute of Medicine. (2014)
- There are more than 950 student-led organizations in which TAMU students can participate.
TAMU student housing offers a wide variety of options, and more than 38,000 students choose to live off campus A&M University each year. As you may have already noticed, there is a lot of new construction going on in the Bryan-College Station community, much of which is new development for off campus A&M student housing. Because of the rapid growth in the student population, many management companies are choosing to build in the area. For this and many reasons, it is always helpful to partner with a real estate professional like Myke Leatham to ensure you are up-to-speed on all of your options and to ensure you find the student housing that best suits your specific needs and budget. Myke can be especially helpful if you are looking for houses, duplexes, and townhomes – whether in Bryan, College Station or any of the surrounding areas.
Perhaps the most plentiful housing option in Bryan-College Station is student apartments. In fact, there is a plethora of unique options to choose from. The Warehouse at Northgate, The Stack at Legacy Point, Stadium View Apartments, U Centre at Northgate, Aggie Station, The District on Luther, Northpoint Crossing, Gateway at College Station, The Enclave, and The Zone are just a few of the numerous choices. Many of these apartment complexes offer apartments ranging from one to four bedrooms and special amenities such as fitness rooms, swimming pools, laundry facilities, game rooms, and more.
Of course, off campus housing options also include traditional single-family homes. Whether you’re looking to purchase a home as an investment property for years to come or would like to rent a home with several roommates, Myke Leatham can introduce you to numerous options and neighborhoods to suit your needs.
To learn more about the A&M student housing currently available to off campus residents, please do not hesitate to browse the search capabilities of this website at your leisure. Should you have any questions or would like to schedule a tour of any of the properties you see here, Myke Leatham is always just a phone call or website inquiry away. Connect today to get started!