Selling your College Station home can be one of the biggest decisions you and your family will make this year. I’ve put together this list of College Station Real Estate Listings Advice to help you as you begin to think about the sale of your home. First and foremost, the selection of a qualified, knowledgeable and experienced real estate professional is imperative to your success. Be sure to do your homework and feel free to interview several prospective agents before you choose the right one for your specific situation. Having lived, worked and played in the Bryan/College Station community for more than 25 years, and as a real estate professional that is ranked in the top 1% of all Realtors Nationwide, it is my pleasure to share this advice with you and to assist you with all your real estate needs – big and small.
- Timing can be everything! Discuss with your Realtor the ideal season to list your particular College Station real estate listing. With many relocating to the area because of Texas A&M University, placing your home on the market before the school year starts can be very beneficial to your sale.
- Accurately price your home. The most influential factor when selling a home is price. In this competitive market, building “wiggle room” into your asking price can prove to be detrimental. Have a conversation with your Realtor, look at comparable properties and your specific financial situation, and price the house right from the beginning. A home with multiple reductions that sits on the market for too long can often become “stigmatized” in the market. You don’t want this to happen to you!
- Hire an inspector. While this will cost you a few hundred dollars, hiring an inspector to inspect your College Station real estate listing before you list it can be very beneficial. Not only will it point out problems you need to address before you list, it will minimize surprises that may come when the buyer does their inspection.
- Offer incentives up front. If you think you’re going to throw in the television or the swing-set, offer those items up front. This can potentially widen your buyer pool and can set your house apart from the competition.
- Advertise online. Be sure to speak candidly with your College Station real estate agent about their marketing strategy. More than 89% of homebuyers start their search online. Be sure your home is being marketed in its best light – Google your address and see what others are seeing.
This is only a short list of College Station real estate listing advice. If you’re interested in learning more about the services I provide to Bryan/College station sellers, please do not hesitate to browse this website to learn more. It would be my great pleasure to speak with you directly about my College Station real estate listing advice as well. Feel free to contact me today via phone or email. I am always just an inquiry away. Let’s get started today!