Look on the bright side today. Instead of focusing on the things we can’t do while we distance ourselves from others to stay healthy while we try to contain the Corona Virus,
here are some things we CAN DO with a little extra time.
1. Call Grandma and Grandpa. They look forward to our calls and love to catch up. Help the children write a letter to them.
2. Make a loaf of bread or rolls with the kids. They love working with dough, and makes the house smell SO Good. Share with a neighbor.
3. It’s almost spring and so beautiful in Texas. Work in the flower beds, plant flowers.
4. Spring cleaning and disinfecting.
5. You’ve needed to clean and organize the garage all year. Do it now.
6. How many times have you thought it would be fun to research your genealogy? Find your family. Discover yourself. Children love to know about their ancestors. You could make a family tree. Bring to life your family’s history by exploring the lives of those that came before you.
7. Trim the trees. A family that works and plays together… Stays together.
8. Plan your garden and start seedlings in trays to get a head start. Put each person in charge of their own flowers or vegetables. Make it a contest.
9. Play games with the kids
10. Exercise with the kids
11. Teach your kids how to sew on a button or fix a seam.
12. Go on a photo walk and take pictures of cool stuff outside.
13. Make and Fly a kite
14. Have a water fight outside.
15. Call a neighbor and tell them you’d be happy to take their dog for a walk.
16. Make a photo album with all those old pictures
17. Go for family walks
18. Make a time capsule
19. Make your own playdough. Look it up on Pinterest
20. Find a place to go fishing or just play in a creek. If you don’t have a creek nearby to play and splash in I’m so sorry. This is one of our favorite things to do in the spring and early summer. It’s also one of my favorite memories of my childhood. In College Station our family enjoyed the A&M Research Park off of 2818.
21. Make a meal for someone else.
22. Connect with your neighbors and make sure they’re OK. See if you can help in any way.
23. Practice the piano or an instrument. Sing with the family.
24. Scavenger hunts are always fun.
25. Have a campout in the back yard. Make smores. Sing songs around the firepit.
26. Last but not least, while the interest rates are so extremely low, log into your own personal portal on the multiple listing service from the Bryan College Station Board of Realtors and see all the wonderful new homes that you can finally afford to upgrade to. Dream big. If you can use more living space and want to talk to the best realtor about how to sell your home and buy something nicer, let Myke help you with your HOMEwork! Just type in your basic criteria and see everything on the market that is currently available in your area.
Then call Myke:979-693-0201 for guidance. We’ll make it happen together.
Brazos County Realty