There are plenty of reasons to move to College Station, Texas. Situated in the Brazos Valley of East Texas, College Station is most known for being the home of the main campus of Texas A&M University. College Station is a small city that is big on charm, and it boasts a wonderful quality of life for both visitors and residents.
Life in Bryan-College Station
Life in Bryan-College Station is dynamic, full of adventure, and exciting. There is always something to do here. Take a tour of the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum, which is a top destination for students and families alike. With 43 million pages of documents, and well as thousands of artifacts and objects, this is definitely a place you can continue to visit, while always learning and seeing something new. If you’re more into sports, you’re in luck – football is king is College Station. Kyle Field is the perfect place to catch a game, and has been called one of the most intimidating sports venues in the nation for visiting teams. Downtown Bryan is also a popular destination for residents. There are plenty of shops and restaurants to explore, and be sure not to miss First Friday, a monthly event in downtown Bryan, where the downtown streets shut down and are filled with art, music, and culture.
In addition to being a great place to live, College Station is also a great place to work. Are you looking for a job in College Station? Here’s a list of businesses in the area:
- Texas A&M University System. The Texas A&M University System is one of the largest higher education systems in the United States, and is one of Texas’s six independent university systems.
- Bryan Independent School District. Bryan Independent School District is a public school district centered in Bryan, Texas. Not only does it serve city of Bryan itself, but it also serves the rural areas in the northern part of Brazos County. Some of the elementary schools in the district have been designated National Blue Ribbon Schools.
- St Joseph Regional Health Center. St Joseph Regional Health Center traces its roots to 1936. What started out as a small hospital with 35 beds has now grown into seven locations with 611 beds for patients. St Joseph is the largest provider of cardiovascular care in the area, and offers cutting-edge comprehensive care.
- Sanderson Farms. Starting in 1947 and headquartered in Mississippi, Sanderson Farms produces, processes, markets and distributes both chilled and frozen chicken products.
- College Station Independent School District. College Station Independent School District is a public school district. The District encompasses approximately 97 square miles in the southern portion of Brazos County, and it is fully accredited by the Texas Education Agency.
- Reynolds and Reynolds. Reynolds and Reynolds was bought by Universal Computer Systems in 2006, and supplies automotive retailing solutions for car dealers and automakers in the US, Canada, UK, and also Europe.
- Walmart. Employing over 650 in Bryan-College Station, Walmart is one of the largest retail employers in the area.
- Alenco Windows. Specializing in aluminum doors and frames, plastic doors, aluminum windows, and plastic windows, Alenco Windows also employs over 600 in Bryan-College Station.
- H-E-B Grocery. Another large retail employer, H-E-B grocery employs over 500 people and is a privately held supermarket chain located throughout Texas and Mexico. It is known as a religious and charitable organization – it gives 5% of its pre-tax profits to charity.
- Post Oak Mall. Post Oak Mall is a regional shopping mall that is the largest in Brazos County. Opened in 1982, the mall currently boasts 6 anchor stores, as well as 125 smaller retail stores, a food court and restaurants.
If you are looking for a job in College Station, would like a list of businesses in the area, or are interested in searching College Station homes or College Station real estate, you have come to the right place! I’m Myke Leatham, and my team and I are so glad you are here. I look forward to serving as your ultimate real estate resource for the Bryan-College Station area. When you work with us, you can expect the best in service. With over 25 years of experience and countless hours of continuing education, I have the experience and expertise to handle any and all of your real estate needs.
When you’re ready to take the first steps in finding your perfect College Station home, browse through our current listings and then give me a call. My team and I love meeting new people and connecting them with their dream home. We look forward to hearing from you!