If you have a student who is or will soon be attending Texas A&M, then you are in luck. With all that there is to see and do in Bryan and College Station, you are sure to enjoy visiting the area – almost as much as your student will enjoy living there!
As a proud Brazos County resident, I would like to personally extend a friendly “Welcome!” to you as you are visiting our area. If this is your first time in Brazos County, I can guarantee it won’t be the last. People tend to fall in love with the area and are always looking for opportunities to come back!
I would also like to share with you some tips for visiting your Texas A&M student, including some of my favorite things to do in the area. Here are just a few of the annual events that I look forward to in College Station each year, so if your visit coincides with one of these events, you won’t want to miss them!
- Chilifest is one of my favorite annual events in Bryan College Station. As Texans, we take our chili seriously — and this competition and festival certainly proves that! Held each April, this is one that is not to be missed!
- Starlight Music Series is a free, all ages multi weekend concert series put on by the city of College Station. Small coolers are allowed (but pets are not!), so pack a dinner and bring a blanket for a fun evening out with your whole family.
- First Friday. First Friday is one of my favorite events in Downtown Bryan. The streets shut down, and downtown basically turns into one big, friendly block party! Walk through the streets of Bryan, meet some new friends, and check out the restaurant specials and live music throughout downtown.
Of course, everything is bigger in Texas – and this includes our restaurants and food, as well. When visiting your Texas A&M student, no trip would be complete without sampling some of the local fare that Bryan College Station has to offer. These are some of my favorite restaurants in the area:
- Veritas Wine & Bistro. This restaurant has earned a Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor, and for good reason! The food is excellent, and the service is top notch, as well.
- Fuego Tortilla Grill. This trendy restaurant in College Station features an appealing and affordable Mexican menu. Be sure to try the tacos – you won’t regret it!
- The Republic. The Republic is another local restaurant that earned the coveted Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor. I have never heard of a bad experience at The Republic, and it is a great place for people watching in College Station. Try a steak and one of their whiskeys – you’re going to love it!
There are also plenty of local retail shops and stores to see while visiting the area, as well. Be sure to take a stroll through historic Downtown Bryan and pick up something special at Alice’s Attic Thrift Store – there’s no where like it! While you’re there, be on the lookout for an authentic cowboy hat and boots. Hey, when in Texas…
Of course, no trip to Bryan College Station would be complete without checking out a sporting event at Texas A&M University. Aggieland has some of the best game day offerings around, with traditions steeped in history and winning teams. No matter what sport is your favorite (although admittedly, we’re partial to football around here), you are sure to find it here.
What to do during your visit to College Station
I am Myke Leatham, and I am proud to represent Bryan, College Station, and Brazos County as your local real estate professional. If there is every anything I can do to help, whether you are trying to find your ideal College Station home rental for the school year or you are searching for available houses for rent College Station, please feel free to reach out to me. I love this area, and I enjoy helping people get to know it better — whether that is helping you find your dream home, or telling you where to find the best cup of coffee.
When you choose to work with my team, you can expect only the very best in service — and we guarantee it. We start with a complimentary consultation, so that we can better get to know you, as well as what you are searching for in a home. From there, we keep you up to speed with regular updates, so you’ll be able to see everything that we are doing to help you connect you with your dream home.
Browse through our current listings and then give us a call or connect with us online to get started today!