If you’re thinking about placing your College Station home for sale, it goes without saying that you are hoping to sell your home as quickly as possible and for the highest value. To set the stage for success, I recommend following these top decorating ideas for your College Station TX real estate for sale. While some of these projects may take longer than the afternoon to complete, spending the weekend sprucing up your property can give you a large return on investment. In fact, recent studies by HGTV show that improvements such as fresh paint and custom trim or moldings can give you a return of more than 140% of the investment. That means if you spend the money to hire a professional painter, for example, to paint your home for $5,000, it could increase the value of your property by $7,050!
College Station TX Real Estate Decorating Ideas
With that being said, let’s take a look at some of the top decorating ideas for your College Station TX real estate for sale.
1. Think Curb Appeal: This is something that Realtors® are always talking about, and with very good reason. Often times, potential buyers will do a drive-by of your home to decide if it is even worth a look inside. Power washing siding and walkways, planting blooming flowers, washing windows, repainting the porch or shutters, and hanging easy-to-read house numbers can all help in making your home ready to lure in onlookers.
2. Make Your Porch Inviting: Even if you have just a tiny stoop rather than a full porch, make your entry inviting by adding a clean doormat, potted plants, or even a couple of rocking chairs. Keep your porch lights on in the evenings and illuminate the front walkway with solar lights. These quick fixes can draw buyer’s interest and can make them feel welcome.
3. Deep Clean: From cleaning kitchen counters and bathroom grout to pressure washing the driveway or cleaning the pool, a good deep clean is one of the cheapest ways to buy your home’s best foot forward. This should be a given.
4. Clear Out the Clutter: If you’re serious about making your home look its best, the clutter must go. It’s not easy, and it may require that you start packing up some of your belongings and transport them to an offsite storage unit. You’ll thank me later. Don’t forget the cupboards and closets; more space in these areas give buyers the impression your home has excellent storage.
5. Add Personal Touches: You don’t want your home to look like a museum, a place that is uncomfortable to live in. Add personal touches such as fresh cut flowers, a basket of fresh farmer’s market produce in the kitchen or a bowl of lemons by the sink. Little touches like these will show potential buyers how livable your home truly is.
6. Rearrange Your Furniture: Professional stagers often recommend pulling your furniture off the walls and using pairs of sofas, chairs or lamps to create an inviting conversation area. If you need help with this particular step, I have professional contacts in the staging industry that can assist you.
7. Fresh Paint: The last thing you want to do is experiment with this season’s latest trendy color. That doesn’t mean you want stark-white walls either. Use a rich mid-tone neutral to create a sophisticated backdrop that will pull together any room.
8. Use Extra Rooms Wisely: If your spare bedroom serves as a dumping ground for odd pieces of furniture or oversized fitness equipment, it might be time to clean up your act. Each room should have a purpose. Look at the design elements and furniture pieces you have and choose a defined purpose – an office, a guest room, a home gym. If you need furniture to fill the space, consider renting or borrowing from friends or family.
9. Watch Out for Pet Odors: This can be a big turn off for buyers. If you have pets, be sure to get your carpets and rugs steam cleaned, move the litter box to the garage for the day, and keep pet toys and doggie bones hidden during tours.
10. Stage the Outdoors Too: Don’t forget the backyard. Even if you own a condo with a tiny balcony, flaunt what you’ve got. Make an inviting space that will keep buyers thinking about how livable your home is. A fire pit and two chairs, a simple café table and chairs, and some nice fresh flowers will go a long way.
Of course, there is many more top decorating ideas for your College Station TX real estate for sale. These are just a few of my favorite ideas that will give you the largest return on your investment and time. For more information on selling your home here in College Station, be sure to browse my blog including a recent post called: Common Questions About Selling Your College Station Property.
Whether you’re thinking about selling your home or would like advice on College Station or Bryan TX rentals, please do not hesitate to contact me today. I look forward to hearing from you and to helping you with all your real estate needs. Connect today!