Buying a new home, whether you are a first-time homebuyer, or a return investor, is an exciting experience. Visiting open houses and exploring floor plans, planning out renovations and picturing your life in a new house is made up of equal parts stress and fun. Settling on a house to buy is a big decision and a big financial investment, even if you are moving from one house into another one. Buying a house is the biggest financial decision and purchase you will ever make, so it’s important that you do your due diligence and make sure that you are picking the perfect property for your family and for your bank account. There are countless beautiful, luxury homes for sale in College Station that range in size, are scattered in amazing locations and neighborhoods and offer various amenities. Some incredible master planned communities where you can find luxury homes for sale in College Station include Miramont and Nantucket.
One of the biggest challenges of house hunting, also the most important, is finding the right home in the right neighborhood. The “right” home is totally subjective, and it means different things to different people, and we’re happy to share that in College Station and Bryan, TX there are various incredible neighborhoods and subdivisions that have something to offer for every buyer. One community that we would love to introduce you to is Miramont – an exclusive destination that is also a stunning country club. Miramont offers residents the best of everything – the luxury of a country club lifestyle, elegant architecture and beautiful homes, the finest amenities and a friendly, relaxed and refined atmosphere. Some of the incredible neighborhood features at Miramont include sidewalks for pleasant walks, jogging and biking, ponds, creeks and lakes among meticulously manicured landscaping and more. Additionally, residents can also enjoy a picturesque golf course, tennis courts, swimming pool, fitness center, fine dining and a spectacular 93,000 square foot club house.
This master planned country club community is located just a few short miles from Texas A&M University but offers a quiet retreat that masterfully blends an elegant, easy-going atmosphere with modern day amenities and development plans. The 527-acre development has approximately 400 home sites and real estate options range from grand estates, to luxurious chateaus, elegant villas and custom developments. Pricing for real estate in Miramont starts at around $600,000 and goes all the way to over a million dollars. Homeowner’s Association (HOA) fees are $920 per year for each home, and properties that offer direct access to the golf course contribute an additional $100 per year for maintenance. These are the available real estate options:
- The Villas at Miraloma are a collection of exquisite luxury homes clustered in an intimate neighborhood at the heart of the community. There is separate gated access to this part of the community where homeowners can find the finest homes perfectly blended into the countryside. Inspired by the architecture of provincial France, there are seven floor plans available ranging in size between 2,900 – 3,900 square feet.
- The Villaggio of Miramont homes are graceful, elegant and offer the finest of indoor/outdoor living. Interested buyers can choose from six different floor plans that offer three to four bedrooms and high-quality interior finishes and details.
- The chateaus of Miramont begin at 2,000 square feet and are the perfect vacation property or home away from home where families can gather to celebrate holidays and special events. The chateaus offer low maintenance living but can also be designed to meet the unique needs and wants of every family.
- If the above options don’t satisfy your real estate desires, then you can always opt for a custom home site at Miramont. These plots of land offer the opportunity to create and build your dream home that is perfectly tailored to your specifications. Ranging in size from one-third to over an acre, these home sites are generously proportioned to accommodate personalized building plans that take advantage of everything that Miramont has to offer.
There is no doubt that living in the Miramont community provides residents with a one-of-a-kind, first class, family focused, refined and exclusive lifestyle that is parallel to none.
Another fabulous and highly desirable neighborhood where you can find luxury homes for sale in College Station is Nantucket. Nantucket is a short eight miles away from the Texas A&M University campus and perfectly located near prime shopping, dining and entertainment. There are 230 homes in the Nantucket subdivision and the properties range in price from $330,000 all the way to $800,000 and above. The price mirrors the home lot size that is available, with larger properties ranging in size from one acre all the way up to five acres. These lot sizes are bigger than most other neighborhoods around College Station, which allows residents to enjoy a simple, rural lifestyle. The houses also range in size from 2,000 square feet all the way to well over 4,000 square feet. The architectural style and character of the homes in Nantucket span from traditional, colonial and stunning Cape Cod designs.
One of the biggest advantages to living in Nantucket is having unparalleled access to the beautiful 33-acre, gated community park, which also features a private fishing lake. Throughout the neighborhood residents will find walking trails that wind through the wooded scenery, allowing a peaceful and beautiful escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. The Nantucket community is the ideal place to call home for a young couple, a family with children or empty nesters looking to enjoy their golden years together.
Once you’ve selected the neighborhood that you would like to shop around for a house, it’s time to start visiting open houses, explore online listings of homes and work with your real estate agent in identifying properties that you might be interested in and can afford. Here are some things to look out for when you know you have found the right house.
- You are eager to go inside the home and explore what it has to offer. First impressions really count so when you feel excited as you pull up to the curb of the house that is a really good sign. It means that something about this property appeals to you.
- As you walk into a home that is listed for sale you will know right away if you feel comfortable and if the house is welcoming and warm. Does it feel like home? Does it invite you to explore further?
- Bathrooms are weird rooms to explore during a home tour – most buyers will open the door and poke their head in to see what it looks like, but they’ll feel uncomfortable doing it. It’s a good sign if you walk into the bathroom and feel comfortable looking inside the shower, touching the vanity and familiarizing yourself with the room confidently.
- If you begin feeling defensive about the property when others point out small or big flaws it could be a sign that you are getting attached to the home – almost as if it is already yours. Just remember that it is important to acknowledge any things that need fixing and determine if you’ll be able to fix them or live with them if you end up purchasing the property.
- You may have walked into your future home if you begin envisioning the arrangement of your furniture, where you would place family pictures and seeing yourself enjoying a morning cup of coffee in the backyard. If you can see yourself living in this house and building a life, then you may have found the right house.
- If the house checks off the boxes for the most important needs and wants on your list, it’s a good sign that you’ve found the right place. If the home has the right number of rooms, a good floor plan, is spacious and has the amenities you are looking for then it’s time to make an offer.
- If you’re ready to stop looking at other homes and you can’t wait to start bragging about your house to your friends and family, then it’s a sure sign that you have the found the perfect property for you and your family. If you feel this way about a property, then it’s important to act fast and work with your agent to draft up an offer immediately. If you love the house, then chances are that someone else does as well. Once you submit an offer and open escrow you will get a chance to do inspections, visit the house again and dive deep to ensure that it’s still as perfect as you imagined it to be. If something is off, then you can re-negotiate or cancel escrow, but getting your offer accepted is the first big hurdle to get over.
House hunting and looking for luxury homes for sale in College Station is an exciting experience, but it’s important that you have the guidance and expertise of a professional real estate agent to help you. If you are looking to buy a new luxury home in College Station, interested in selling your current property or just have questions about the current real estate market in Bryan College Station then please contact us. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your real estate needs.